Bitchin' Film Reviews
Bitchin' Film Reviews
listen to me bitch about it
Reviews
Showing 1-25 of 23,024
reviewed Galaxina. April 01
posted in Movie Hype
Galaxina
BARBARELLA.  FLESH GORDON.  CHERRY 2000.  HELL COMES TO FROGTOWN.  The more pulpy sci-fi films never shy away from taking advantage of female attributes.  Heck, George Lucas threw …
reviewed Robinson Crusoe on Mars - Criterion C.... April 01
posted in Movie Hype
Robinson Crusoe on Mars - Criterion Collection
This is no joke: as a huge fan of science fiction films, I’d heard plenty about ROBINSON CRUSOE ON MARS throughout the years.  The simple truth of the matter is that I’d just never gotten …
reviewed Firefly - The Complete Series (2002). February 24
posted in Pass The Remote!
Firefly - The Complete Series (2002)
First off, let me assure you this: I’m no fanboy who slobbers over all things Joss Whedon.  I don’t dislike the man, nor do I dislike his work.  I have a healthy respect for anyone …
reviewed Alpha and Omega (2010 movie). February 18
posted in Movie Hype
Alpha and Omega (2010)
It’s been almost 3-years to the day since the film’s DVD release (1/11/2011) that I finally dug through my animated film queue deep enough to give Alpha and Omega its due.  The reason …
reviewed Ninja Cheerleaders. February 04
posted in Movie Hype
Ninja Cheerleaders
This movie was awful. I was hoping it would be so much better than it was. With a name like "Ninja Cheerleaders" I was thinking it would be a homerun. Also to add to my heartache and dismay, …
reviewed High Lane. February 04
posted in Movie Hype
High Lane
“High Lane” is a French horror movie made in 2009 about five people who go hiking/mountain climbing in the mountains of Croatia. I am not certain if the movie was indeed shot and filmed in …
reviewed Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy. January 21
posted in Movie Hype
Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy
I’m ashamed to admit this – mostly because I’m such a huge fan of horror films in general – but I don’t recall seeing the first NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET in theatres.  …
reviewed Everyone's Hero (2006). January 04
posted in Movie Hype
Everyone's Hero (2006)
Everyone’s Hero is one of those rare animated features that boasted a pretty hardy theatrical run but slipped onto the DVD scene fairly quietly and slipped into relative obscurity since.  It’s …
reviewed Mischief Night. December 30, 2013
posted in Movie Hype
Mischief Night
Fact: the 1980’s were a tremendous boon for the home entertainment industry.  The explosion of VHS brought an incredible influx of properties to the marketplace, and, despite some of what you’ll …
reviewed It's a Wonderful Life (1947 movie). December 27, 2013
posted in Movie Hype
It's a Wonderful Life
I looked up the writers of the classic Frank Capra flick It's a Wonderful Life. Capra's name was among them, and when I did some further-depth research about his own life, I was a little surprised to …
reviewed The Star Wars Holiday Special (1978). December 18, 2013
posted in Movie Hype
The Star Wars Holiday Special (1978)
"If I had the time and a sledgehammer, I would track down every copy of that show and smash it."    That was what George Lucas thinks of The Star Wars Holiday Special. Now, go back …
reviewed The Little Mermaid. December 09, 2013
posted in Movie Hype
The Little Mermaid (movie)
Okay, here are things that everyone knows: Disney has the world's strongest animation canon. One day, they might end up relinquishing it to Pixar, but Disney comes packed with so much history and longevity …
reviewed Shrek the Halls. December 07, 2013
posted in Pass The Remote!
Shrek the Halls
This Christmas special takes place after the events of SHREK THE THIRD. Shrek and Fiona are happily raising their babies, but Donkey keeps bugging Shrek about getting ready for Christmas. Shrek has never …
reviewed Broken Flowers. December 04, 2013
posted in Movie Hype
Broken Flowers
A man receives an anonymous letter informing him he is the father of a 19-year old son, so he sets off on a journey to visit his old girlfriends to see which one wrote the letter.      …
reviewed Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (.... November 29, 2013
posted in Movie Hype
Prince of Persia Sands of Time
Before seeing PRINCE OF PERSIA: THE SANDS OF TIME for the first time, I was already somewhat familiar with the general premise of the story because I had played a couple of video games the movie is based …
reviewed Terminator 2: Judgment Day. November 28, 2013
posted in Movie Hype
Terminator 2: Judgment Day
The Terminator is one of the most iconic characters in popular culture, but his track record is rather bumpy. He had a strong start in a debut movie that is a classic of science fiction. He followed it …
reviewed Cat's Eye. November 12, 2013
posted in Movie Hype
Movie poster
            CAT'S EYE      I am and have always been a big fan of Stephen King, from the books to the screen and everything in between. …
reviewed Rose Red. November 12, 2013
posted in Movie Hype
Rose Red
            ROSE RED      When this miniseries debuted back in 2002 I believe I could not have been happier. Two of my favorite things were …
reviewed The Station Agent. November 10, 2013
posted in Movie Hype
The Station Agent
Fin (Peter Dinklage) is a middle-aged train buff and a dwarf who has been ridiculed his whole life and has no friends. He moves into an abandoned train station, ready to spend the rest of his life alone, …
reviewed Howard the Duck. October 28, 2013
posted in Movie Hype
Howard the Duck
Ooooh, Howard the Duck...an odd choice for Marvel to make for it's first comic to big screen adaption and after it hit the theater like a rotten egg in the mid 80's, I'm surprised that they …
reviewed Frances. September 22, 2013
posted in Movie Hype
Frances
This biopic of Frances Farmer traces her life from outspoken teen to Hollywood starlet, followed by long periods of mental illness and barbaric treatment in institutions. Jessica Lange is magnificent …
reviewed Robocop 3 (1993). September 09, 2013
posted in Movie Hype
Robocop 3 (1993)
Except when it doesn't.      The original Robocop movie was a brilliant satire of big business corruption, marketing and sci fi action blended together with impressive special …
reviewed Wicked City. August 29, 2013
posted in ASIANatomy
            WICKED CITY      Many things have been said about this film based on a book and directed by "Ninja Scroll" director …
reviewed The Thing (1982 film). August 10, 2013
posted in Movie Hype
The Thing (1982 film)
My first encounter with John Carpenter's The Thing was back around November of 2001, where I only saw a snippet of the movie on TNT. Just my luck, I tuned in at one of the most gruesome scenes in …
reviewed Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure. August 07, 2013
posted in Movie Hype
Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure (1989)
There are a million movies which could be claimed to sum up everything about the 1980's, but none of them seem to do it so succinctly as one teen movie that was released at the tail end of the decade. …
1 2 3 4 5 ... 921 Next
Write a Review

Share your opinion and then share it with your friends.

Bitchin' Film Reviews is part of the Lunch.com Network - Get this on your site
()
This is you!
Ranked #
Last login
comments
ratings
questions
compliments
lists